Skip to main content

CST 499 - Week 5

This week, our group completed a major milestone in our project by finishing the front end of our application, marking it as a "feature complete". We also conducted our initial round of user acceptance tests and received plenty of useful feedback, comments, and suggestions for the final stages of development and eventual deployment. 

As a test engineer, I also interact with end customers doing software system test, so I understand quite well the process of conducting tests and then signing off said tests if they meet all requirements as specified. Since my company must comply with Department of Defense standards, the "rules of engagement" for testing and product acceptance are much stricter than our standards for capstone, but I can imagine similar rules would be applied to other students doing industry projects. Also, I got my first experience writing a test procedure from scratch by myself, as even at my job I am not responsible for writing procedures but I am accountable for any changes or corrections to future revisions of procedures.

In the next few weeks, our group will be producing our final project video and then presenting it at the end of the class. We have started to gather source material and I have also started planning the technical details of how I am going to compile, edit, and render source material into the final video. I have become much more experienced since the beginning of the program as my editing skills were quite rusty, and one of the largest benefits I have gotten out of the program in general is picking up and polishing my skills again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Week 4

Educational Goals My current educational goals are to finish my bachelor's degree in computer science while also gaining a deep understanding of the fundamentals along the way. I have always believed that a solid understanding of the fundamentals goes a long way in any skill since you always refer back to them. When I have gotten stuck on a problem or some skill in the past, I have always taken a step back, broken down things into smaller pieces and remembered my fundamentals, and doing so has helped me through a lot of academic and professional work so far. Although I already know basic programming and data structures, I want to learn more about them and discover new ways of thinking in order to solve complex problems.  Career Goals I started a career as a full-time software test analyst about two months ago. Even though my job doesn't involve a lot of programming, getting a degree in computer science would be really helpful in all aspects of my career, such as identif

The Final Journal

It's the end of a long, four year journey, and what a journey it has been. I never thought I could pull off finishing my second bachelor's degree four years ago when I first went to that introduction to programming class at my community college. I would like to thank all the friends I've made along the way and the people who have helped me through the last two years. Although it was difficult at times taking class while working 40+ hours a week, I'm proud of myself for making it through. I don't think I'll be a student enrolled in classes anytime soon, but I'll always be a lifelong student. See you all around.

CST 499 - Week 4

This week, our team finished most of the major features of our application, CONVEE - aside from front end style components and changes to the user settings page, our application is almost feature complete. I am proud of our group for our accomplishments and making it this far in the program. Additionally, we also finished updating our ILP pages and put together our video outline for the project video. As I have a good amount of experience now in video production (I have edited almost every single required video in each class I've taken so far, both solo and group), I am looking forward to producing this one. This week's topic covered job interviews. I don't have much experience as an interviewer myself, but one of the tips I received from my manager about interviews was to answer each question confidently, even if you feel like you don't know the answer. I feel as if that approach can backfire at times, however it's always good to approach a new or unknown situa